By Scott Hammond,Robert Roberts,Valerie Sulfaro
What does it take to get elected president of the United States—"leader of the unfastened world"? This e-book provides readers perception into the foremost matters and occasions surrounding American presidential elections throughout greater than centuries, from the earliest years of the Republic during the campaigns of the twenty first century.
• Introduces readers to the how and why of each American presidential election in background via plain-English analyses written by way of nationwide students of yank politics
• provides a chronological account of presidential campaigns that showcases the main personalities, matters, and crusade topics as they emerged in American political history
• Examines fresh presidential elections of the twenty first century in detail
• Decodes complicated crusade jargon and political insider terminology, specifically for the ever-changing campaigns of the twenty first century
Read Online or Download Campaigning for President in America, 1788–2016 PDF
Similar ideologies books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Politik - Internationale Politik - zone: Westeuropa, observe: 1,7, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Diese Arbeit soll einen Einblick in die Geschichte und die Gegenwart der griechischen Verfassung gewähren und diesen als Grundlage für die Frage nach der Bedeutsamkeit für die europäische Integration nutzen.
In his farewell deal with, Dwight D. Eisenhower warned the state of the perils of the military-industrial complicated. yet as Jonathan Herzog indicates during this insightful heritage, Eisenhower had spent his presidency contributing to a different, lesser identified, chilly warfare collaboration: the spiritual-industrial advanced.
Significant Conservative and Libertarian Thinkers presents finished money owed of the works of seminal conservative thinkers from various sessions, disciplines and traditions - the 1st sequence of its style. Even the choice of thinkers provides one other element to conservative considering, together with not just theorists but additionally thinkers in literary varieties and those that also are practitioners.
This publication addresses the problem of reforming protection and armed forces policy-making in newly democratized countries. via tracing the improvement of civil-military kinfolk in quite a few new democracies from a comparative viewpoint, it hyperlinks our bodies of scholarship that up to now have remained principally separate: the research of rising (or failed) civilian keep an eye on over defense force at the one hand; and paintings at the roots and motives of army effectiveness to assure the security and protection of voters at the different.
- Democracy and Pluralism: The Political Thought of William E. Connolly (Routledge Innovations in Political Theory)
- Participatory Democracy and Civil Society in the EU: Agenda-Setting and Institutionalisation (Palgrave Studies in European Political Sociology)
- The Graffiti I Didn't Do, The Prison Time I Did: A Memoir
- The Progressive Revolution: Liberal Fascism through the Ages, Vol. I: 2007-08 Writings: 1
- Political Action in Václav Havel's Thought: The Responsibility of Resistance
- Representation (Key Concepts)
Additional resources for Campaigning for President in America, 1788–2016