By Michael L. Peterson,Raymond J. Vanarragon
- Features debates targeting every one of twelve of the main arguable concerns within the field.
- Includes essays, replies, and rejoinders specially commissioned for this volume.
- Contributors contain William Alston, Lynne Rudder Baker, Peter Byrne, Richard Gale, William Hasker, Janine Marie Idziak, Michael Martin, Del Ratzsch, William Rowe, John Worrall, Keith Yandell, Dean Zimmerman, and lots of others.
Read or Download Contemporary Debates in Philosophy of Religion PDF
Best religious philosophy books
This booklet deals a brand new method for analyzing the ethico-political dimensions of faith and movie which foregrounds film's social strength either to form subjectivity and to snapshot modern social contradictions and analyses 3 particular motion pictures: Kurosawa's Dersu Uzala ; Kiarostami's flavor of Cherry ; and the Coens' the fellow Who Wasn't There .
Encounters of outcome offers an advent to and deeper research of the location of Jewish philosophy starting within the final century. It charts Jewish philosophy’s engagement with modernity and post-modernity alongside overlapping axes—issues and persons—which usually intersect. Key matters in sleek Jewish philosophy are raised, together with: the character of Judaism and Jewish identification, the quests for which means and continuity, the price of final a Jew, and the relevance of Jewish legislation, in addition to the demanding situations of secularism, sleek heritage (including the Holocaust), feminism and non secular pluralism.
Philosophers of faith are frequently stuck up with the epistemic justification in their non secular ideals, instead of the characteristics of the spiritual existence that make it beneficial. Mark Bernier argues that wish is without doubt one of the most crucial of such characteristics, and is an important thread that connects depression, religion, and the self.
During this learn, Jonathan Huddleston examines Genesis as a rhetorical complete, addressing Persian-era Judean expectancies. whereas a few have contrasted Genesis' account of origins with prophetic bills of the long run, literary and old facts means that Genesis narrates Israel's origins accurately so one can floor Judea's hopes for an eschatological recovery.
- Islam: To Reform or to Subvert? (Saqi Essentials)
- God Exists but Gawd Does Not: From Evil to New Atheism to Fine-Tuning (Theological Explorations Book 2)
- Healing and the Jewish Imagination: Spiritual and Practical Perspectives on Judaism and Health
- Recovering the Female Voice in Islamic Scripture: Women and Silence (Routledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
Extra resources for Contemporary Debates in Philosophy of Religion