By Shauna Pollock,Bob McLain,Rolly Crump,Jim Korkis
Bring Walt Disney into Your Classroom
Award-winning instructor Shauna Pollock stocks her cutting edge procedure for an "experimental prototype classroom of the following day" so that you can observe today on your personal lecture room, and achieve the tutorial merits of training via the "Disney Way".
Walt Disney was once a filmmaker, a topic park clothier, and an innovator - yet he was once additionally an educator, and a similar rules that make his movies so watchable and his topic parks so relaxing should be utilized to the school room. If Walt Disney had designed a curriculum, both powerful for college students from kindergarten via highschool, it's going to have seemed much like Shauna Pollock's Creating school room Magic.
Shauna indicates you ways to:
- Get young ones to imagine and to dream like the Disney Imagineers
- Use classes from the lifetime of Walt Disney to impart priceless rules that children will not forget
- Incorporate expertise into your instructing day, and empower young children to construct relationships with their friends round the world
- Adapt Disney's options of "show", "safety", and "courtesy" to deliver even the dullest classes to existence, and tame even the rowdiest classroom
- Plus, particular tales from Disney Legends like Rolly Crump, invoice "Sully" Sullivan, and Tom Nabbe approximately Walt's instructing techniques
PUNCH UP YOUR LESSON PLANS WITH PIXIE DUST!
Read or Download Creating Classroom Magic: Using Lessons from the Life of Walt Disney to Create an Experimental Prototype Classroom of Tomorrow PDF
Similar curricula books
Concentrating on the hot NSTA criteria, this activity-centered source makes use of a large choice of kid's literature to combine technology around the user-friendly curriculum. Fredericks makes use of a thematic process and contours the easiest in technological know-how exchange books; stimulating hands-on, minds-on actions and experiments in lifestyles, actual, earth, and house sciences; and a number of counsel, principles, and techniques that make educating and studying technological know-how an experience.
Product DescriptionExpert writers percentage their recommendations and critiques at the way forward for the foreign Baccalaureate degree Programme. The editors and members, all specialists of their box, establish matters coming up from present perform and point out how these matters must be addressed as a part of a coverage for destiny progress.
During this concise, well-organized consultant to constructing top of the range institution curricula, Glatthorn blends sound examine, projects, and tendencies together with his sensible event as a curriculum advisor to a couple of hundred university structures. Glatthorn believes that shared management and accountability are necessary to in attaining caliber.
In his such a lot visionary ebook, the world over well known educator Marc Prensky offers a compelling replacement to how and what we educate our youngsters. Drawing on rising international tendencies, he elaborates a finished imaginative and prescient for K–12 schooling that comes with new objectives, new skill, a brand new curriculum, a brand new form of instructing, and a brand new use of expertise.
- Controversy in the Classroom: The Democratic Power of Discussion (Critical Social Thought)
- Class, Culture and the Curriculum (Routledge Library Editions: Education)
- STEM by Design: Strategies and Activities for Grades 4-8
- Enrichment Clusters: A Practical Plan for Real-World, Student-Driven Learning
- Globalisation and National Identity in History Textbooks: The Russian Federation (Globalisation, Comparative Education and Policy Research)
Additional resources for Creating Classroom Magic: Using Lessons from the Life of Walt Disney to Create an Experimental Prototype Classroom of Tomorrow