By Lauren Porosoff
- stories of disasters and successes in designing curriculum
- metaphors from daily life to assist academics comprehend curriculum layout as a strategy rooted in values and culminating in significant learning
- examples of crucial questions, overview directions, lesson calendars, unit plans, and curriculum maps
- exercises and templates academics can use to create and check curriculum
- protocols designed to inspire inclusive participation and significant mirrored image whilst colleagues examine curriculum together
Read Online or Download Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards PDF
Best curricula books
Targeting the recent NSTA criteria, this activity-centered source makes use of a wide selection of kid's literature to combine technology around the straight forward curriculum. Fredericks makes use of a thematic process and contours the simplest in technology alternate books; stimulating hands-on, minds-on actions and experiments in existence, actual, earth, and house sciences; and a bunch of advice, principles, and methods that make instructing and studying technology an experience.
Product DescriptionExpert writers percentage their techniques and evaluations at the way forward for the foreign Baccalaureate degree Programme. The editors and participants, all specialists of their box, establish matters bobbing up from present perform and point out how these matters have to be addressed as a part of a coverage for destiny progress.
During this concise, well-organized consultant to constructing top of the range institution curricula, Glatthorn blends sound learn, projects, and developments together with his sensible event as a curriculum advisor to a couple of hundred university platforms. Glatthorn believes that shared management and accountability are necessary to in achieving caliber.
In his such a lot visionary ebook, across the world popular educator Marc Prensky provides a compelling substitute to how and what we educate our youngsters. Drawing on rising international developments, he elaborates a entire imaginative and prescient for K–12 schooling that incorporates new ambitions, new ability, a brand new curriculum, a brand new type of instructing, and a brand new use of know-how.
- Mastering Formative Assessment Moves: 7 High-Leverage Practices to Advance Student Learning
- Teaching Kids to Thrive: Essential Skills for Success
- Religion in the Public Schools: Negotiating the New Commons
- Critical Pedagogies of Consumption: Living and Learning in the Shadow of the "Shopocalypse" (Sociocultural, Political, and Historical Studies in Education)
Extra resources for Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards