By Dan R. Olsen
In the early days of computing, technicians in white coats managed refrigerator-sized desktops housed in sealed rooms, faraway from usual clients. at the present time, desktops are reasonably cheap commodities, like tv sets,
and usual humans regulate and have interaction with them. This new paradigm has ended in a burgeoning call for for graphics-intensive and hugely interactive interfaces.
Developing person Interfaces is focused on the programmer who will really enforce, instead of layout, the person interface. such a lot person interface books specialize in psychology and value, now not programming ideas. This booklet acknowledges the necessity for programmers to collaborate with usability specialists and psychologists, so subject matters corresponding to the rules of visualization, human conception, and usefulness overview are touched upon. but the first concentration is still on these instruments and methods required for programming the complicated consumer interface.
* makes a speciality of complex programming topics
* occasion handling
* interplay with geometric objects
* widget instrument kits
* enter syntax
* valuable to programmers utilizing any language—no specific windowing process or instrument equipment is presumed, examples are drawn from quite a few advertisement structures, and code examples are provided in pseudo code
* the elemental recommendations of conventional special effects similar to drawing and three-d modeling are coated for readers with no special effects background.
Read or Download Developing User Interfaces (Interactive Technologies) PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
This publication specializes in rising matters in ergonomics, with a different emphasis on modeling, usability engineering, human machine interplay and leading edge layout ideas. It provides complicated theories in human components, state-of-the-art purposes aimed toward realizing and bettering human interplay with items and platforms, and discusses very important usability concerns.
This ebook explores different ways that human-factors engineering impacts businesses’ and companies’ wellbeing and fitness and competitiveness. It covers a wealth of interrelated subject matters akin to carrier engineering, provider technology, human-computer interplay, provider usability, angle and opinion evaluation, servicescape layout and review, and coaching for carrier supply.
Learning and Collaboration Technologies. Novel Learning Ecosystems: 4th International Conference, LCT 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
The two-volume set LNCS 10295 and 10296 represent the refereed lawsuits of the 4th International convention on studying and Collaboration applied sciences, LCT 2017, held as a part of the nineteenth foreign convention on Human-Computer interplay, HCII 2017, in Vancouver, BC, Canada, in July 2017, in conjunction with 15 thematically comparable meetings.
This ebook includes the complaints of the second one overseas convention, AsiaHaptics 2016, held in Kashiwanoha, Japan. The e-book treats the state-of-the-art of the various haptics (touch)-related study, together with medical examine of haptics conception and phantasm, improvement of haptics units, and functions to a large choice of fields equivalent to schooling, medication, telecommunication, navigation, and leisure.
- Design, User Experience, and Usability: Novel User Experiences: 5th International Conference, DUXU 2016, Held as Part of HCI International 2016, Toronto, ... Part II (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers
- Facebook for Seniors QuickSteps
- Advances in Ergonomics in Design: Proceedings of the AHFE 2017 International Conference on Ergonomics in Design, July 17−21, 2017, The Westin Bonaventure ... in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
Additional resources for Developing User Interfaces (Interactive Technologies)