By Mariam Kurtz,Lester Kurtz
This set of unique articles probes the breadth of important matters surrounding the effect of battle and violence on ladies globally—and examines what's being performed to mitigate their effects.
• offers a accomplished review of matters with regards to girls, warfare, civil unrest, sexual attack, and violence
• Tackles a variety of themes utilizing a number of views from ethnography to scholarly research to on-the-ground journalism
• Examines the tragic contours of the matter but additionally depicts desire for the longer term through the artistic ideas being solid, particularly by way of girls empowered to counter violence
• Explores most sensible practices of violence prevention from United countries and state-sponsored courses in addition to from pursuits inside civil society
• contains case reports from key clash zones to additional the certainty of the problems discussed
Read or Download Women, War, and Violence: Topography, Resistance, and Hope [2 volumes]: Topography, Resistance, and Hope (Praeger Security International) PDF
Best violence in society books
This publication addresses the tough challenge of defeating Islamic terrorism from a shocking and intensely potent vantage aspect. There are fifty nine million Muslims in important Asia. they've got skilled the specter of Wahhabi terrorism and feature been in a position to include it whilst. the writer calls at the U.
What motivates participants to take in palms opposed to their executive? What forms of states have traditionally been extra vulnerable to inner conflicts? In Civil Wars: inner Struggles, worldwide effects Marie Olson Lounsbery and Frederic Pearson discover those questions and current a finished research of the motives, results, and administration capability relating to civil wars in the course of the global.
Major specialists on negotiations current the results of years of study, software, trying out and experimentation, and functional event. rules and purposes from a variety of disciplines are mixed to create a conceptual framework for the hostage negotiator. rules and ideas are defined in order that the practising negotiator can practice the rules defined.
Following on from the 1st books in his 'Genesis Trilogy', Lawrence Swaim tells the superb tales of people that broke the trauma bond, and created new lives for themselves. together with, between others: Norman Finkelstein (whose mom and dad have been either Holocaust survivors) who broke loose from the inter-generational trauma in his kinfolk process by way of exposing vast corruption in his community--and in American society--and by way of operating for social justice within the heart East; Eric Lomax, a former British soldier within the a long way east, who broke loose from his haunting demanding thoughts by means of assembly and reconciling with the japanese guy who had tortured him fifty years sooner than, with assistance from his courageous and insightful spouse; Gerry Adams who, along with his IRA and Sinn Fein comrades, broke freed from the trauma of Northern Ireland's civil struggle, ultimately redeeming himself by way of wondering a few of his personal assumptions after which dedicating himself to reaching peace within the sturdy Friday (Peace) contract of 1998.
- Civil Disobedience and the Politics of Identity: When We Should Not Get Along
- Indio borrado (Spanish Edition)
- Communities of Violence: Persecution of Minorities in the Middle Ages
- Bearing Witness: Perspectives on War and Peace from the Arts and Humanities
- Taming the Violence of Faith: Win-Win Solutions for Our World in Crisis
Extra resources for Women, War, and Violence: Topography, Resistance, and Hope [2 volumes]: Topography, Resistance, and Hope (Praeger Security International)