Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Mac? You might be frustrated with this question when you see that your AirPods keep disconnecting from your Mac frequently. Being light in weight, and easy to handle, AirPods are quite convenient to use.
But, sometimes bad luck hits and you will face annoying issues with your AirPods. Sometimes, you may see that your AirPods are not connecting to Mac. Sometimes they do not even show up in the list of Bluetooth devices.
I know, you have invested a lot of money to buy those AirPods and now you do not want to spend more on them. So, what do you do if you see your AirPods not pairing with your Mac? How do you fix your AirPods?
This article will guide you through everything that you should know when your AirPods won’t connect to your Mac. So, let’s read.
Why Won’t My Airpods Connect To My Mac? – Reasons And Solutions
Before telling you the solutions, you should know: ‘Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting from my MacBook?
Well, you are facing this issue because there may be problems with the sensors of your AirPods. They can’t recognize whether you put them on or not. This issue can also occur due to Bluetooth interference.
Here are the other causes for which you can’t connect your AirPods to your Mac.
- The AirPods are dirty or damaged.
- The charging case is faulty.
- The operating system of your Mac is outdated.
- The batteries of the AirPod charging case are flat.
The AirPods connection failed due to any of these above-mentioned issues.
Solutions That You Can Try
AirPods that won’t connect to a MacBook can be easily fixed by some simple methods. You don’t need to go to the store to fix them.
1. Disconnect Your AirPods from Any Other Devices
You need to check if your Airpods are connecting with other devices or not. If so, you need to disconnect AirPods from other devices. Turn on the Bluetooth of other devices if they are on.
Turn off the Bluetooth of the AirPods too. Now, wait and then turn the Bluetooth of AirPods on after some time. Now, try to pair it with your Mac.
2. Set AirPods as the Output Device on Mac
To fix the issue, make sure AirPods are set as the output device. Here is how to do it
- Put your AirPods in the Charging case and keep the lid of the case open.
- Now, you need to enable Bluetooth on the Mac device.
- Go to the upper left section and tap the Apple logo or Apple icon.
- Now, from there you have to move to the option System Preferences.
- There, you have to tap on Sounds.
- After that, choose the Output tab.
- Choose your AirPods.
3. Restart your MacBook
Rebooting or restarting your MacBook can fix the AirPod connection issue. Here is how you will be able to restart your MacBook
- Open your MacBook as the first step.
- Now, you have to press and hold four specific keys together. The keys are Option, P, Command, and R.
- You need to long-press these keys for at least 20 seconds.
- Doing this will clean all the memory from user settings and alter some of the security features.
4. Update the Operating System of the MaC
- Open your MacBook as the first step.
- Now, you have to go to the Apple menu. It will be located at the corner of the MacBook screen.
- From there, you have to choose the option System Preferences.
- In the window of the System Preferences, you need to choose Software Updates to check if any update is available.
- If you find out any updates, choose the option Update Now to upgrade the MacBook.
5. Charge the AirPods Properly
The issue can occur due to the lack of charge in the case. So, you can try to charge your AirPods properly before connecting them to your MacBook.
6. Reset the AirPods
Resetting the Airpods can fix the issue as well. Here is how to reset AirPods.
- Keep the AirPods in the case and keep the lid close.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Now, you have to open the lid of the case.
- Now, you should go to your Mac device. That are iPhone, iPad, or iPod touches.
- Here, you have to open the Setting menu first.
- After that, you need to opt for selecting the Bluetooth option.
- After that, choose the option More Info. You will see the button beside your AirPods.
- Then you need to click on the option Forget This Device.
- At last, choose the option Confirm.
Forgot AirPods- Now Won’t Connect- Fixes For The Issue
- Make sure that you have turned on the Bluetooth of your MacBook Device, or Windows 10 after choosing the option to forget.
- Make sure that your AirPods are charged properly.
- Go to your Mac and tap on Bluetooth. Scan the AirPods again.
- Make sure that the AirPods and the Mac Device is near to each other.
AirPods Not Showing Up On Bluetooth- How To Make Them Show Up
It is important to set the AirPods as the audio device of Mac Settings in order to make them show up in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Go to the settings of your MacBook.
- Move to the Bluetooth option.
- Set the Airpods as the audio device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to connect AirPods to MacBook pro?
If you want to connect your MacBook Pro to the AirPods, you need to pair your MacBook and AirPods. Here is how you can connect the two devices.
- You have to long-press the setup button that is located at the back of the case. Or you can long-press the noise control button until you see the lights flashing up white.
- Now, you have to launch your MacBook Pro.
- Now, you should choose the Apple menu.
- From there, go to the option System Preferences.
- Finally, select the option Bluetooth.
- When you see the list of the devices, choose your AirPods. Thus you will be able to connect these two devices via Bluetooth.
2. How to connect AirPods to a laptop windows 10?
Below are the steps by which you will be able to connect your AirPods to Windows 10.
- At first, put your AirPods in the case.
- Wait for 2 minutes and then open the lid of the case.
- Now, you need to long press the button of the case until you see the lights flashing up.
- After that, open your Windows 10.
- At first, move towards the settings menu.
- Then, choose the option devices.
- Here, you have to select the option Bluetooth and other devices.
- Select the option Add.
- Choose your AirPods.
3. How to connect AirPods to Chromebook?
- Open your Chromebook.
- After that, you should choose the network icon. It will appear at the bottom right section of the Chromebook.
- Now, turn on the Bluetooth of the Chromebook.
- Choose the option Bluetooth. The Chromebook device will scan all the nearby devices.
- After scanning, you should choose your AirPods to pair the devices.
4. Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting from my MacBook?
You are facing this issue because there may be problems with the sensors of your AirPods. They can’t recognize whether you put them on or not. This issue can also occur due to Bluetooth interference. You can rest your AirPods to fix the issue.
To Sum It Up
I hope, this guide will be able to solve your issues without any complications. AirPods are quite fun and convenient to use. But, when any issue occurs, that can be really frustrating. Try to use these methods and I am sure that your issues will be resolved easily.