Are you struggling with low storage space on your iPhone? You can’t find enough space to store your important documents, pictures, or emails on the iPhone. Then, you must be trying to figure out how to get more storage on iPhone.
Now, generally, an iPhone features a 5 GB memory of iCloud storage. At first, you might think that it is enough for all your data. But, as time passes, you will realize that you need to manage phone storage with iPhone. You will need more and more space to keep all your documents, pictures, files, music, emails, and other important data.
That is why you need to make sure that you do not run out of space on your iPhone. But, in what way can you get more space on your iPhone?
Is it possible to free-up space? We have all your answers in this article. We have gathered here some of the tips by which you can clean up space on your iPhone.
So, check it out now.
How To Get More Storage On Your iPhone- Useful Tips For The iPhone Users
Now, there are two common ways to get more space on your iPhone to keep all your important data and information. First, you may buy more iCloud storage on your device. Second, you can declutter your device to free up the already existing space on your iPhone.
So, at first, we will tell you how you can declutter the iPhone device to free up already existing space on your iPhone. Check them out.
1. You Should Move Storage To iCloud
One easy trick to get more space on iPhone is to move your iPhone storage to iCloud.
- At first, you should turn on the photo library of iCloud.
- Now, you have to get access to the synced photos on iCloud storage.
- Go to the backup tool and open it.
- Now, you have to choose the data that you want to back up or move to the iCloud storage.
- Finally, move your data to the iCloud storage of your iPhone.
2. You Need to Optimize Photo Storage on Your iPhone
When a lot of pictures were stored in the photo storage of the iPhone, freeing up this storage area can save you a lot of space
- At first, you need to go to the settings of your iPhone.
- You can see your name in the settings. You have to choose your name.
- Now, you need to go to iCloud.
- Head towards the Photos option from there.
- After that, you need to enable the photos option on iCloud. It will start synchronizing the photos.
- At last, you have to choose the option to optimize iPhone storage.
3. Delete Old Messages
- At first, you have to head towards the text conversation from which you want to delete the old messages.
- After that, you go scroll down to reach the old conversations.
- Now, you need to touch and press the message bubble or the message attachment that you wish to remove from the conversation.
- Go to the option More.
- Select the option Trash.
- From there, you need to choose Delete Message.
- If you wish to remove all messages, you should choose ‘Delete All.’
4. Delete Content Downloaded From Apps
This is another way by which you can get more space on iPhone.
- Open your iPhone and go to the settings menu.
- Now, you need to select the option, General.
- Now, from there, you have to choose the option iPhone or iPad storage.
- Go to the option ‘Recommendations’ and select the button ‘Review Downloaded Content or Videos’.
- Now, you have to swipe the content to the left.
- At last, select the Delete button.
5. You Should Delete Unused Apps from Your iPhone
- Go to the Home Screen of the iPhone.
- Now, touch and long-press the app that you wish to remove from your iPhone.
- After that, you need to select the option ‘Remove App.’
- Now, select the option ‘Remove from Home Screen.’ it will remove your app from the home screen but it will be still found in the App Library.
- If you want to delete the app from the App Library too, go to App Library.
- Touch and long-press the app.
- Select the button Delete App.
- Finally, choose the option Delete.
6. You Should Save Space On Spotify On iPhone.
- Open your iPhone and go to the Spotify app.
- Select the Menu button which you find out in the upper left section of the screen.
- Select the gear icon.
- Now, you need to search for the Delete Cache option.
- Once you find it out, you need to tap on it. This is how you can save space on Spotify.
7. You Can Purchase iCloud Storage To Get More Space.
- Open Settings.
- Go to your Apple ID.
- Select Cloud on the page of Apple ID.
- Choose ‘Manage Storage.’
- You need to subscribe to a plan. So, you need to select ‘Buy More Storage.’
- If you already subscribed to a plan, you have to choose ‘Change Storage Plan’ to enhance the storage.
- Select your plan on the options Storage plan.
- Choose the option Buy and enter the Apple ID and Password.
How To Get More Icloud Storage Free On Your iPhone Device
- You can buy more space for your iCloud.
- You can remove the old and unnecessary backups from iCloud if you do not want to pay extra.
- Remove the old synced photos
Other Ways To Get Space On iPhone
Now, you can free up iPhone space with these hidden tricks as well.
- Delete old videos and podcasts.
- Set the messages to expire automatically after a certain period of time.
- Do not use the photo stream option.
- If you have HDR pictures, you should save them only,
- Opt for Google+ or your Dropbox to save photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I track my iPhone storage?
Here are some of the most used tricks to get more storage on your iPhone. Read them to solve the storage issue on your iPhone
- You should close all the apps on the iPhone home screen.
- Remove all the text messages.
- Remove the unnecessary songs from your iPhone.
- Delete the voicemails that are old enough.
- You should optimize the storage of the iPhone.
- Remove the unnecessary applications.
- Make your iPhone free from in-app purchases.
- Use the lite versions of the apps. It will save the space of your iPhone.
- Leave from the safari tabs.
- Always keep your phone backed up.
2. Where can I free up iCloud storage?
Here is how you will be able to free up the storage of the iCloud
- Lower the Backup size of the iCloud.
- Remove the iCloud photos.
- Remove the unnecessary big-sized folders from the iCloud.
- Delete the voice messages.
- Delete unnecessary emails, folders, and files.
- Remove old photos.
3. How do I clean up my iPhone photos?
Here are the steps by which you can clean up your photo library on your iPhone
- Open your iPhone.
- After that, you need to launch the photo gallery.
- Now, you need to tap on the ‘Select’ button. You will see it at the upper right section of your iPhone.
- Now, you have to select the photos that you want to delete.
- Now, once you have selected the pictures that you want to remove from your iPhone, go to the trach can icon.
- In this way, you will be able to clean up photos from your iPhone
To Finish It All
I hope, this article has guided you properly about creating more space on your iPhone. With these hacks, you will be easily getting more space on your iPhone. Thus, your iPhone will run without any hazard. It will not hang anymore. Try these steps and you will be done.