Just like most other options, the provision of resetting Clash of Clans is also different for iOS and Android users. For an Android user, the process is pretty simple since the any gaming account here is directly related to one’s Google Play account. However, for an iOS user, factory resetting can be done on the device to create a new game center account. Alternatively, one can create a new ID on a different device thereby restarting Clash of Clans altogether. Read on to know more details about the same.
How to Restart on Clash of Clans?
Reset – clash of clans for iOS devices
Before creating a new game center account one has to delete all the game data and game center ID first. Only then can the new village details can be updated in the device and you can restart the game from the very first level. To do this, the steps would be as follows.
- Select the General option under the Settings option and then select the Factory Reset option. In some phones, this may show up as the Reset option.
- One must then select the Erase all content option which will then prompt for a popup menu to come up. Tap on the ‘Erase iPhone’ option and wait for a while for the setup to complete. This may take several minutes.
- Once the aforementioned step is complete, you will be asked to create a new Game Center ID. You can then download Clash of Clans and sign in with this newly created game center. At this point, you will get a prompt asking if you want to load new village. Make sure that you select cancel to proceed with a fresh new game.
Now, in some situations, it may not be feasible or you to get rid of all the data that is present in your phone and go about with a factory reset in order to restart your favorite Clash of Clans. In such a situation, there is an alternate way to go about with it.
- Take an iPhone that has never been used to play Clash of Clans and set up a new game center ID. Make sure that you actually download the game in this new device. It will be wise to take it a step further and launch the tutorial gameplay videos as well.
- Now get back to your old device and sign out of the original Clash of Clans account only to sign back on with the new game center ID. This will enable you to restart Clash of Clans completely from scratch. Once that is done, you can delete the game in the new device.
Reset – clash of clans for Android devices
Unlike the aforementioned case, here you do not have to go through the pain of factory resetting your phone or procuring a non Clash of Clans used phone if you want to restart the game from scratch. Here’s how you can do the same at the tap of your fingers. The icing on the cake here is the fact that doing so will not affect any other data that is present in your phone.
- Select the Add Account option from the Settings menu and then create a new Google account for yourself.
- Once that is done, go ahead and select the Apps options from the Settings menu. From the host of apps, choose Clash of Clans and then select the clear Data. The reset is now complete.