Nowadays, modern cars have a brain like a computer. They are tooled with software that has millions of lines to produce gigabytes of data and programming code.
Searching for the best OBD2 app?Or looking for the best OBDII app that connects with your iPhone?
Then, your hunt ends right here!
It is the right place to find the perfect self-diagnostic app to pair your Bluetooth OBD2 adapter.
Want to know what app it is?
Make some noise for the “Torque app”!
It is the safest and the best choice, which is working for numerous car brands like Toyota, BMW, Audi, GM, Dodge, Lexus, etc. So without any further delay, let’s find out the features, pros and cons, and how to use the Torque app on iPhone.
TORQUE APP IPHONE
Are you asking yourself, “Is Torque app available for iPhone?”
Well, yes it is!
You can find the Torque app on iOS 12.1. 2 and the above version of the iPhone.
Let’s know this amazing app in detail!
What Can Torque App Do?
Torque app iPhone helps you to have a look into the inner workings of your car’s brain. The dashboard of your car is home to a fuel gauge, a tachometer, a speedometer, and if some are lucky, then a coolant temperature gauge.
But your vehicle’s electronic brain (ECU) monitors various parameters actively, which can be very useful for your while driving. It is where apps like Torque Pro step in to assist the drivers like you.
The app puts all the necessary data right at your fingertips. Furthermore, it does not need anything more than the hardware which is already present on your device.
Designing your own dashboard is one of the best things about the Torque app. Plus, you can get to see the essential data first by customizing the layout.
And one great thing about the Torque app is that it can still pull sensor data from your iPhone’s GPS antenna, accelerometer, barometer, and internal compass.
FEATURES OF TORQUE APP
Below we have listed the features of the Torque lite app:
- View and reset engine fault codes.
- View DTC trouble codes
- Download Google Earth format OR tracking/ map data to excel.
- Vehicle performance data
- Help when there is an ongoing care repair.
- MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles
BALANCE THE NEGATIVES AND POSITIVES
Every product has its own pros and cons, so let’s get to know some about the Torque app, shall we?
Pros Of Torque App
- Torque app is effective in minimizing the cost and repairing your car.
- It improves the functionality of your vehicle.
- It has alarms that will alert you when there is a problem.
- Displays temperature transmissions
- It shows the condition of your vehicle by using various color schemes.
- Helps you to know where your vehicle was at a specific time with the help of GPS.
- It allows you to personalize the arrangement of gauges and widgets.
- Helpful for newbies because it has a rich library with DTC definitions.
- Comes with various add-ons like custom dashboards, user profiles, maintenance scheduler, etc.
- Compatible with all OBD2 cars.
- Torque app’s pro version is pocket-friendly, while the Lite version is free to use.
Cons Of Torque Pro
- High battery consumption
- Incompatible with some cars
- Drains phone battery fast
So, these were some benefits and common issues of the Torque app. Now, let’s move ahead to read about the final sub-topic of this article.
APPLICATION OF APP SECTION
Wondering, “How do I use Torque Pro app?”
Here, you will know it all
For starters, you will have to get an OBD2 scan tool. Using the app is very easy, but things get pretty trickier when you are setting up your PIDs and extensive diagnostics.
To start, you need to:
Firstly, you have to find the OBD2 port and plug-in OBD2 scan tool. One can easily find it in a panel under the steering wheel on the driver’s side.
If you are finding it difficult to find, then Google will assist you.
Step 2: Now, turn the key to Accessory or On. Here, you don’t have to start the engine.
Step 3: Then, pair the iPhone with the app through the Torque app iPhone Bluetooth adapter. After that, tap on the Bluetooth icon on your device settings.
Step 4: Next, scan for devices and select the adapter. Pro Tip: Usually, the password is 1234 or 0000.
Step 5: Now, your app is ready to launch on your iPhone.
Our Final Thoughts
In a nutshell, the Torque app is without a single doubt one of the best apps for car owners like you. Whether you want to run emissions, check the engine, or view live data from sensors, this diagnostic app brings these things all to you.
Thank you for staying with us till the end and reading how to use the Torque app. If you loved this Torque app article, then don’t forget to share it with your friends.