I phone is disabled? Somebody on the phone has entered the wrong security code 6 times and now stucked! This is a normal scenario which happens quite often with anyone having a iphone. For security reasons a dedicated code is applied to prevent it from unauthorized access. But one may forget the code or some other person may also enter wrong code knowingly or unknowingly.
Pass code cannot be recovered in any way until you are back with the memory of that. And without pass code you cannot make the entry to the phone Right? There is only by “Restoring” all your data through iTunes, you can have the access to your iphone and use it like earlier with another option to setup a new pass code.
Iphone is disabled
Iphone is disabled
Methods to solve the problem, “I phone is disabled”
- Through ITunes
- Through going in Recovery mode
- Through DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode
- Through Apps
How to Backup
- Plug in your phone with a computer most specifically on which you have synchronized it earlier.
- If you are having trouble with logging in iTunes then try through “Recovery mode” which can be achieved by holding the power button and home button till iphone goes to display Black screen. In this state it is easy for iTunes to detect the device.
- Log in to iTunes account and click the Restore button. Go through the instructions, like if you have registered on the “Find my iphone” service it will show an error that it cannot restore your data because your device is off, simply click ok and proceed.
- Through settings turn off this service and click “Restore Backup” again.
- You will be presented recent lists of automatic backups done by iTunes. Choose the latest and click Restore.
Backup through iTunes and Recovery mode
Backup through these processes is discussed above. They are almost the same procedure but the only difference is “Recovery mode” is used when you are facing trouble in logging to your itune account.
Backup through DFU mode
It can be risky. Don’t go through that until you have no choice left and the I phone is disabled now also. You are cutting down some of the OS features that can result in a temporary or permanent damage to your phone. This mode will allow to you to make low level changes on the softwares of the device. In this mode, the device is ON but the booting process does not occur. So it is an opportunity to make changes on the kernel and manipulate the core services. So, obviously it requires a well experienced person to handle this situation. To go in DFU mode, go through these steps:
- Hold down the sleep/power and Home buttons at the same time. It may seem like recover mode but explained further below to get it right.
- Hold both the buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Very carefully it should be handled otherwise it will go in “Recovery mode” instead of going in “DFU mode”. Set a timer or count it with your mouth, but be precise with the activity.
- After 10 seconds have passed, let go of the sleep/power button, but keep holding the Home Button.
- The Apple logo will appear on the device’s screen, but keep holding the Home button until the recovery mode warning pops up in iTunes. Then you can let go of the Home button.
- Now! Is it all black! If yes? Then congratulations! You are in “DFU mode”. It may seem that is powered off but this is how it looks like.
- In case if third did not work and you are there with icon (You are in recovery mode) don’t worry you have just booted up, you can simply try once more and up to many times until you go into that mode.
Backup through Apps
Points to remember
- Before doing your backup on the phone uncheck the “Encrypt phone backup”. As it will again ask a security code for securely storing your data and making it encrypted. For most of the people, it is quite irritating to enter a code time and again.
- In case you have forgotten the backup pass word also, then you can use third party software to recover it.
- If you have never logged in to iTunes (not even once to create an account), in that case this restoration process of data will not work. You will only be able to start your phone with default factory settings.