If you are holding a party and you want to spike it up, then you should definitely think of one of the most popular ‘That’s what she said card game’. This is because it has gained immense popularity in the recent days and is recommended by one and all. Now if you are wondering about the uniqueness in the name of the game, lets sneak a peek into the origin.
That’s what she said Origin
Sometimes you might be pondering over the fact that how the game came up named ‘that’s what she said’, and why everyone is so excited about the same. There are tons of memes and jokes that have been brought up on the same and that is the reason why you need to trace the history of the game in the first place.
‘That’s what she said’ is a very popular phrase that can be traced back to the ancient biblical days – as it is nothing but an epitaph. In America, it is one of the most demanding documented phrase as because in the year 1975, Chevy Chase could not stop using this phrase as a joke in the Saturday Night Live Show. It also was used time and again in the Wayne’s World show and later the movie as well.
If you look back, you will see that the history of the phrase lies back in the Edwardian period and since then, it has been used in the various segments of literature as well as TV shows. With every passing date, instead of waning popularity, the use of this phrase just grew more in frequency and that is when the gaming enthusiasts decided to come up with a new board game in the name of this phrase. Now all we have to do is to get a clear view about this game so that we can indulge in it sometime or the other.
All about ‘That’s what she said’
If you are hosting a party and you do not want it to be a boring one, then you definitely have to keep this game so that you can have a hilarious time along with friends. The designers of this game has carved it brilliantly so that it is complete with crooked innuendos and is the best thing to be played by the party animals. It has some of the best cards and will definitely make the party a lot more fun than it actually was. If you want the spike in the party and want everyone to laugh out loud, then ‘That’s what she said’ board game is the one that you should be looking forward to.
That’s what she said’ board game : How do you play this game?
Remember that the minimum entry age of the game is 18 years and the game can be started with a minimum of players. It believes in the phrase ‘ the more the merrier’ so you do not have to be confined to a fixed number of players. The maximum time taken for the game to last is 60 minutes while the minimum time is 30 minutes.
- First you have to keep all the white phrase cards along with the red setup cards on the table with their back side up. Make sure that they are being kept in separate piles and not compiled together.
- Now tell each of the players to pick up 5 of the white phrase cards in their hand.
- Funny part is, the person who is the most into kinky stuff will have to be the judge at first. The work of the judge is to take up red cards one by one and read them aloud to all the participants.
- The rest of the participants apart from the judge will have to respond by placing their most funny card on the table with its face down.
- Now the judge does the work of shuffling the card before they share each and every answer with the group. For even better results, he or she can read the red setup cards with each of the answers.
- Now everyone has to choose the funniest of all the cards that has been placed and whoever contributed to it will be the winner of the round!
How is the scoring done in the game?
The one who wins the first round gets to have the red setup card as a winning mark for that particular round. This way the collection would go on till one participant collects 5 cards in total and wins the game.
Once done, the re-drawing can be done by the participants apart from the judge as they can let go of their least liked card and instead pick up two fresh cards to play with.