You have been using Facebook for a while now and you know very well what exactly, Facebook is all about. Facebook is a social networking platform that lets the user establish networking with friends and family. There is another platform known as Tinder which is quite different from Facebook. It is a common hookup network that is famous as a dating site. Tinder is a huge dating mobile network that can only be used with Facebook login credentials.
Tinder is a location-based networking platform that runs well on mobile devices. It is a social app that connects people with each other. On tinder one can swipe right to like someone and swipe left to dislike someone. One can chat with the one he/she liked.
Tinder helps you find a desirable partner from your selected range of location and age criteria but to connect with this, you need a Facebook login. Because Facebook is a social networking site, it is sure that you would never wish your Facebook friends to know about your presence on dating site Tinder and this is the reason that Tinder users are often worried about what Facebook posts about tinder on its timeline.
If you would frankly ask that can your Facebook friend know about your Tinder presence? The answer can be simply “No”. It is not possible right to say that this will continue in the future because we cannot say when Facebook will start posting about your Tinder activities and in such cases you need to be very sure about your Tinder privacy. When you wish to add additional privacy to this, you can browse Tinder without an account so that Facebook and Tinder can be maintained as separate social networking profiles.
Why does tinder connect through Facebook?
Tinder is a separate dating platform but it is connected to Facebook only in a manner that it helps you pick up photos and images from Facebook to include it in your bio over your Tinder profile. The bio that Tinder creates for its users is also often based on his/her Facebook account and thus they both come in integration to each other.
It is no wrong to say that Tinder only uses Facebook profiles to make it very sure about the authentication of any user present on Tinder. Because Tinder is a social dating app it is necessary to ensure that only real people use it and with Facebook profiles connectivity, it is easy to know that only real people are using this dating site. Tinder uses Facebook to find and return the results of people from similar interests. It helps find Tinder users of the same locations and the same age that matches well your search preference so that you can enjoy better tinder experience.
How to change age on Facebook
There are plenty of reasons that you want to change age on Facebook few of them may include, you don’t want to show your original date of birth to your Facebook Friends. Second, you don’t want to be the victim of identity fraud as there are many people who try to steal all your personal info.
Third, you are below the age of 18 and you don’t want anyone to know that you are for reasons of cyber safety. Or, you may have provided the wrong birth date while signing up and want to correct it now. The reason could be any, when it comes to how to change your birthday on Facebook, the following guide can help you with this.
Follow this step by step guide to change Facebook age:
How to change Facebook age from Mobile
- Open the Facebook app on your phone
- Now, find and tap the menu icon. It is a three-line menu that you can find on the top right corner of your Android Phone and if you have iPhone, then you can find it at the bottom right corner.
- Here you will see you’re your name with your pic. Tap on this and it will take you to your profile
- Next, you need to click on the “Edit Profile” option.
- Scroll down and find “Edit your About Info” and tap on it.
- Now, scroll down to find the “Basic Info” section and tap “Edit”.
- Here, you will find two sections below the “Birthday” heading. One is the day and the month of your birthday and the second is the year you were born.
- Tap each section, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Select the day, month and year that you want for your profile
- When you are done with this, scroll down and tap on the “Save” button.
- That’s it; your facebook age is now changed.
How to Change Facebook Age on Desktop
If you don’t use Facebook app much or you are currently on the desktop, then follow this guide to change age on Facebook:
- First of all, open facebook website facebook.com and log in to your account
- Now, click on your name at the top of the page and go to your profile.
- Below your cover photo, you will find an “About” tab. Click on it.
- Find the “Contact and Basic Info” tab on the left side of the page
- Now scroll down and find the “Basic Information” Heading
- From here, select your birth date or year whatever you want to change and click on “Edit” on the right of the page.
- Now a dropdown will open on selecting any of the options. Just choose your new birthday date or year and click on the “Save Button” when done.
While changing your birthday date on both mobile and desktop, you can select the people that can see your birth date. There are four options: Public, Friends, only I and the fourth one are customs. With Custom Option, you can select particular friends on Facebook that will see your birth date.
I hope you get the answer to your question “How do I change my age on Facebook?” There is one more thing that is to be remembered that is you cannot change your age on Facebook multiple times frequently.
How Many Times Can You Change Your Birthday on Facebook?
In case you have updated your birth date on Facebook just now then you are supposed to wait for a few days in order to change your birth date again. The norms of Facebook don’t allow any user to change his birthdates frequently. So while making these privacy changes or changing your birth date, make sure you put correct information as you will not be able to modify it before a fixed time duration set by Facebook.
How to Change Age on Tinder?
If you have provided wrong information about your birthdate on Facebook, and you use Tinder, then Tinder will mess up your age. The reason is, Tinder gets your profile information from Facebook and if your Birthdate is wrong there, it will show that to your Tinder account and you cannot change that easily. If by any chance you provided wrong information of Facebook and Tinder is getting that wrong birthday information, and you want to know how to change your age on Tinder, then just follow the below guide to do so.
- To change your date on Tinder you have to change your birthday date on Facebook. For that login to your Facebook account from mobile or desktop and follow the above-mentioned steps to change your birthdate on Facebook. If Facebook is not allowing you to change your date then you probably have changed that recently so you have to wait for a few days to change it again.
- Now, when you are done with changing the age date on facebook, you need to delete your account on Tinder.
- To delete the Tinder account, open the Tinder app and tap the “Gear” button to open the Settings of the app.
- Scroll down and find the “Delete Account” option and Tap on it. By deleting your account, you will lose all your conversations and matches.
- There is one more way that you can use and that is by logging out from the Tinder and then logging in again. For some people, this method works as it refreshes their account and can find their updated age information there. But, for most people, it doesn’t work. If it doesn’t work for you, continue to the following steps.
- After deleting your Tinder account, now delete your Tinder app from your phone. If you are Android User then just open your apps and “tap and hold” on Tinder icon. Two options will appear on the top of your phone screen. One is to “uninstall” and the second “Cancel”. Drag the Tinder app icon to the “Uninstall” option. This will delete the Tinder app from your phone. For iPhone Users, the method of deleting the app is same, just tap and hold the app icon. When all icons start wiggling, tap the “X” on the corner of Tinder icon.
- When you have deleted the app, you need to install it again. Go to the app store of your phone and Install Tinder again.
- Now, create an account on Tinder by logging in with your Facebook account.
- That’s all. Tinder will get your updated age from the Facebook account.
Can You Use Tinder without Facebook?
Most of the time everyone who starts using Tinder uses the Facebook account for creating an account on Tinder. The reason behind is that they don’t know Tinder login without Facebook is possible or not. Sign up for Tinder without Facebook is possible. If you are the one who doesn’t want to use FB account for Tinder, as you don’t want to show it to your friends, then there are two ways for you to use Tinder without Facebook or using Tinder by hiding your Facebook information.
How to Sign up for Tinder without Facebook?
To sign up for tinder without facebook, you need to open the Tinder app and after that, there will be two options there, First one for creating an account with Facebook and the second one creating an account by using your mobile phone. So, you select the second option to use the Tinder app without facebook.
And, if you want to use Tinder with a Facebook account but want to hide your information from Facebook friends, and then follow these steps:
- Sign up on Tinder using Facebook
- Next, change the visibility setting of the Tinder app in your Facebook account
- For that, open Facebook and log in to your account.
- Click on the down arrow near the “Notification and help” option
- A drop-down will open, find the “Settings” and click on it
- Now, on the left side of your desktop screen, you can find “Apps and Website”. Click on this.
- A list of apps will open that uses your Facebook account. Find Tinder from here and Select it.
- Next, you need to change app visibility to “Only Me”
- When it’s done, open you Tinder Account
- Find “Show Me on Tinder Social” and disable it
- This prevents Tinder from posting anything on Facebook
So, by applying this method you can use Tinder with a Facebook account but no one of your Facebook friends will be able to check your activities on Tinder.
If you don’t want to use Tinder and want to search for the app like tinder without facebook, you can find some here. The list of Tinder without Facebook Alternative is provided below:
Dating apps that don’t require Facebook
- How About Me – This app has a dating approach that is pretty straightforward. Alongside sharing basic information and photos, you can post some fun date ideas. In this app, there is no need to use the Facebook account for login but in case you want to use Facebook for login, there is an option available. To reach out to anyone on the “How about me” app, you can click someone’s profile and date concepts.
- OkCupid – This is also a great Tinder alternative that doesn’t require Facebook to login. OkCupid has a lot of users and you can swipe left and right as in the Tinder. If you are familiar with Tinder, then using OkCupid will be very easy for you.
- Plenty of Fish – This website has over 70 million users. To access all of them, you don’t need to connect Facebook with Plenty of Fish account. In features, this app operates like the other app, OkCupid means you can peep other people’s profile and message them for free and if you want more features, you can update your plan as well.
- Happn – With this app, you can get in touch with the people that you walk past on the street. So, you can add the users that are walked past you an hour ago which is a great feature. There are chances that you work or live in the same location and it becomes easier for you to date.
- Wingme – This is also the best app of this category. With this app, you can browse your potential matches endlessly and also you can get feedback on the girls and guys you get in touch with from your pals by inviting them. Best thing is you don’t need to connect the Facebook account to browse. Just sign up and start searching for your match.
- Bristlr – This app is unique as it is for the people who have a beard and connects with you the people who love the beard. If you have a beard, this app is for you. Just sign up and find your match that loves the beard. Facebook login is not required to use this app.
- Badoo – This app has an amazing feature and that is if there is someone near you, it will pop up to you. Moreover, this app has some features that are similar to Tinder. Facebook account is not required to get access to this app.
- Siren – This is a girl power app. It means women rule here as for men there is a daily question and they have to answer those questions. Then girls will be able to see those answers and depending on the answers, they can save a guy’s profile and can connect with them in the future. There is one more amazing feature of this app and that is the app that want your original photo for that while signing up the app asks for taking a pic of you and you have to use your original pic as because of this in-app photo feature. This is really a good feature as it ensures that everyone who is using the app is a real person. This app also doesn’t need your Facebook account.
- Willow – The main feature of this app is you have to talk first and then you can see the pic of anyone. If you don’t do so, you will not be able to use this app then. Everyone in this app set questions that you have to answer before reaching them. This can be called a meeting of minds.
Does tinder post on Facebook?
Facebook and Tinder are both connected to each other so, when you really wish to create an account on this dating site you must need to log in with your Facebook login, password. Whenever you make an attempt to log in to your tinder or create an account on it, tinder automatically redirects you to your Facebook login page using which you can use your tinder account.
It is sure that to register or log in to your tinder account Facebook id and password can be required and thus you may be worried that whether your Facebook users will be able to know that you are on tinder or not? The answer is no. Even though Facebook and Tinder are well-connected sites but your Facebook users will never be able to guess your presence on this social dating site until they catch you with your tinder profile on the platform itself. This is because Tinder never allows sharing any content on Facebook.
In such cases when you really wish to control that who all knows your tinder presence, there are features that can be used.
How to use tinder anonymously
Even when you are pretty sure that Facebook never lets Tinder share anything about your Tinder activity on your Facebook timeline you can restrict Facebook to do this in the future also. You can use Tinder separately. It is possible to separate Facebook from Tinder and you can browse tinder anonymously. Here is the process:
- Sign in to your Tinder account with your Facebook id and password.
- Now go to your Facebook account and change the Tinder app visibility from “App visibility” to “only me”.
- You may also get to your Tinder account and from there you need to turn off your “Show me tinder social setting”.
Tinder invisible mode
Now you know how to hide from your Facebook friends about your tinder account but what if some of your Facebook friends are available on tinder and you want to hide from them. It is very much possible on tinder. You can use the Tinder invisible mode for this but this feature is available only in Tinder plus subscription model. This mode helps your control your tinder visibility.
Who can see me on tinder?
When you really want to know who can see you on tinder it is difficult because after all, it is Tinder’s own algorithm that decides who can see your Tinder profile. Even though there are various settings and preference you can choose in your Tinder account for this purpose.
It is quite sure as for now that Tinder never allows posting anything about your Tinder profile on your Facebook timeline without your permission but still to add up better privacy to this you can try using your Tinder account without your Facebook account.
There are certain features that let you maintain a separate Facebook profile and tinder profile for better and secured social networking and dating experience. Because there are friends and family connected to you on the Facebook account you would never want to let your dating presence be known by them and thus sometimes it get very essential to safeguard your Tinder presence from your Facebook friends. This is possible with the above features.